List of 5 Workouts that Can be Done in a Home Gym
Fitness freaks are always searching for ways to stay in shape and maintain their overall physique. One of the ways of maintaining fitness and staying in shape is by joining the gym. However, people find it difficult to spare time and visit the gym daily. That's why the trend of home gyms is becoming widely popular all across the globe.
In recent times, it has become essential for fitness enthusiasts to find a workspace at their home and continue working out from the comfort of their home without losing momentum on achieving their fitness goals.
Ranging from power racks, free weights to massagers, the home gym equipment can help you continue your exercise and stay in shape.
Home gym offers numerous benefits such as:
- You save time
- You can work out as per your flexible schedule
- It saves your car fuel
- Allows you to workout on your conditions
5 Convenient Workouts that Can be Done in a Home Gym
There are plenty of workouts that you can continue from the comfort of your home. By freeing up some space and setting up professional gym equipment, you can efficiently perform the following workouts from the comfort of your home.
1. Barbell Back Squats
There are four major barbell exercises: squat, overhead press, deadlift, and bench press. These exercises are perfect for maintaining a healthy body and staying in shape. Barbell exercises are ideal for building muscles and are suitable for cardio too.
In addition to that, barbell exercises also help in improving athletic performance and strengthening your neuromuscular connection.
You will need to arrange a power rack in your home gym for performing barbell exercises. A power rack or a squat rack is a steel cage in which you stand while exercising. The horizontal safety bars in these cages can be adjusted at varying heights to spot you during workouts.
Back squat is regarded as the "king of all exercises." This exercise improves your leg strength and hypertrophy. Back squat is the best exercise for building leg and back strength. In addition to that, the back squat is also great for heavy, low-rep training or high-rep training. High rep squats help your body produce more growth hormones that trigger the effect of increasing your overall size and strength.
How to do Back Squats?
Follow the steps discussed below to perform back squats
- Step under a barbell and set the foundation by flexing the core to lift the barbell off the squat rack.
- Grip the barbell in such a position that allows optimal shoulder mobility to get the elbows under the bar.
- Set it high or low on your upper back and unrack it. Take a few steps backward.
- Pull the bar down to create tension
- Keep the chest up and take a deep breath in.
- Squat down to an achievable depth and pause for a beat
- Move your feet through the floor until the lockout
2. Dumbbell Shoulder Press
A home gym allows you to perform various chest exercises to strengthen your muscles. You need to buy an adjustable bench press for your home gym. Bench press exercises are perfect for toning the upper body muscles, including the pectorals, shoulders, and arms.
Incorporating an adjustable bench press into your exercise routine offers numerous other benefits, such as building upper body strength, improving muscular endurance, and even preparing your body for pushups.
dumbbell shoulder press on RitFit Adjustable Bench
How to do Dumbbell Shoulder Press?
You can efficiently perform dumbbell shoulder exercise in your home gym. Here is the procedure to perform a seated dumbbell shoulder press.
- Choose your dumbbells. While choosing the dumbbells, avoid going for heavy-weighted ones because this exercise makes you very tough halfway through a set. Choosing a heavyweight enhances the risk of injury to your shoulders and increases the chances of your shoulders' chances of sloppy because of the load.
- Hold the dumbbells by your shoulders. Your palms should be facing forwards, and your elbows out to the sides bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Extend through your elbows and press the weights above your head. Make sure you do this without leaning back.
- Gradually, start returning to your starting position
3. Deadlift Exercise
Adding weight exercises is a great addition to your fitness routine as these exercises help you boost your health and fitness. There are plenty of weight exercises that you can incorporate into your daily routine, such as; single arm row, split squat, dumbbell deadlift, dumbbell chest press, and much more.
Weightlifting refers to lifting something up and putting it back. This is what you call deadlift exercise. The deadlift is the simplest exercise and is excellent for muscle growth, strength-building, and improving overall health.
deadlift with RitFit Black Bumper Plates
How to do the Deadlift Exercise?
Here is the complete procedure to do a barbell deadlift
- Stand behind the barbell with your feet at least shoulder-width apart.
- Sit on your hips while bending the knees slightly and leaning your torso forward. Do all this while maintaining a tight core and flat back.
- Grab the bar. While grabbing, make sure your hands are shoulder-width apart and palms are facing in towards your body.
- Stand up tall while pushing your feet into the floor. Pull the weight with you keeping your arms straight. Bring your hips forward and squeeze the abs and glutes at the top.
- Gradually reverse the movement while bending your knees and pushing your butt back. This will help in lowering the weight back to the floor.
- While doing this exercise, maintain the bar close to your body and maintain a flat back. This is the complete one rep.
4. Bridge Exercise
If you have a space for a floor mat in your home gym, there are plenty of floor exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home. These exercises are bicycle crunch, alligator walk, bird dog, floor cobra exercise, bridge exercise, and much more.
Floor exercises offer numerous benefits such as; improving bladder and bowel control, reducing the risk of prolapse, improving recovery from childbirth, increasing sexual sensation and orgasmic potential, and much more.
The bridge exercise is best for building butt muscles and hamstrings. These exercises also enhance core stability by targeting abdominal muscles and lower back and hip muscles if done correctly.
How to Do Bridge Exercise?
- Lie down on a floor mat with your knees folded and the gap of knee width between your legs
- Place your hands on each side of your body.
- Apply pressure on the hands and lift your hips and upper body. Stay in this position for as long as you can
- Gradually, back your hips and torso into a resting posture
- Repeat this exercise at least ten times
5. Jumping Rope
Cardio exercises are easy to incorporate into your daily exercise routine, and they offer numerous health benefits. These exercises are perfect for strengthening the functioning of the heart, reducing the risk of harmful diseases, improving lung capacity, and boosting natural energy.
Some of the best cardio exercises are; running, swimming, cycling, jogging, jumping rope, and bear crawls. The easiest of these exercises to include in your home gym is jumping rope. Your home gym equipment must consist of jumping rope.
The best jumping rope is coated in PVC for smooth rotation and features foam-coated handles for extra grip and comfort. You can easily exercise using a jumping rope from your home gym and maintain the health of your heart.
Exercising from home is convenient, comfortable, and involves much more fun. There are plenty of workouts that you can easily practice from the comfort of your home. We suggest you include the workouts mentioned above in your daily exercise routine. All the mentioned exercises are convenient and require the simplest gym equipment. You will experience the best results by adding these exercises to your daily exercise routine.
Missing some of the equipment? You can always find what you want on our online store.